And here are two of the images we printed with Tom Hammick. He’s showing them right now in New York- here’s the website
This happened while Tom Hammick was visiting
Rainbow rolling and rolling and rolling.
For your viewing pleasure: 6 of the 7 “HOW TO LIVE 1/2” prints, printed in Pennsylvania, hand-coloured here in Stockholm. Stone size & shape = paper size & shape, really beautiful objects.
One copy of the entire HTL suite is currently on its way to Vienna to participate in Christian Bazant-Hegemark’s “The Unwritten: Highlights in Emerging Painting”. Learn more about the exhibition over at beyondmimesis.
A journey down the BHP archives:
- the stones pre-drawing and with completed drawings on them.
- yours truly sitting outside the shop in Pipersville and working on the 1/2 stone
- processing of the stones
- oceans of gum arabic poetry
- etching the 2/2 stone on Petrichor’s beautiful unpainted Charles Brand press
- etching maps (!!) hands down, did you ever draw an etching map for a stone? I didn’t.
- paper torn to size of stones, pre printing <3
- all three prints before hand colouring
"Looming", 2013, Screen printed paper, polyurethane foam, wood, paper mâché, felt-backed vinyl, fabric, paint, pantyhose, fiber glass insulation batts, cardboard, plaster, hooks, pulleys, rope, found object; 13’ 9" x 25’ 6" x 30’ 3" (419 x 777 x 922 cm)
(Photo courtesy of the artists;…
xerox transfer onto paper
20” x 25”
(via heyamyjo) This poor fly took the ride of this life on the etching press today. #printmakerproblems #flytrap #printmaking #rip
Tiles (Etching), 1973
Pop-up art installation at Point Grey Collingwood Vancouver BC Canada